Amber Brock's Blog

Someone accidentally hit your car door with theirs and now you have a small ding or dent on the side of your car.

The esthetic appeal is what bothers you, as it is hard to see without it being pointed out...but you know it's there.

Furthermore, you know that to rid of the eye sore, you will need to have it worked on.

The question is now, do you pay out of pocket or can you file an insurance claim for a ding on your car door?

If you have full coverage, then yes, it is worth it to file a claim. Just note, that if paint is actually missing too from the ding, then you will need to file a separate claim.

However, if you do not have full coverage, then you will need to pay on your own to have the ding fixed. This usually costs around $100 give or take.

Although, if paint is missing from the ding, also note, that it will cost more.

Hopefully, you have full coverage to save some money or perhaps you may want to think about possibly adding it to your insurance for any future unforeseeable accidents, such as a door ding.

Thank you for visiting my website. Let me help you find the perfect car. Contact me if you have questions.


Your message successfully sent. Thank you!

Your message has not been sent!

Check Availability
*All fields are required
*Please enter a valid phone number: only 10 digits
*Please enter a valid email
*Please enter a message: max. 5000 chars

I agree to receive SMS messages from Amber Brock and Homer Skelton Ford. I understand that I can reply STOP to end messages

Similar Articles